Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 2

Day 2 = Tell us about your job  (i totally forgot about my challenge already.  i just got bored, got on and went oh crap!)

I know I pretty much dominate our blog.  In a way it is my blog that I share with Derek.  Anyway, I can tell you about MY job and then he can tell you about HIS job.

So.  I, Katie, work at the Marian Center.  The Marian Center is an Acute Psychiatric Lock-down Hospital Unit for Geriatric Patients.  Wow.  That is a mouth full.  AKA I work at a short term psychiatric hospital unit for old people.  I am a Recreation Therapist and even have alphabet soup behind my name!

Anyway, I do rec therapy with my old people.  Every morning we do chair exercises and listen to the Billboard Top 10 from the 1920's.  It's awesome.  Because exercise is good for the body, mind, soul, emotions, etc.  Then we do some other type of therapeutic group or activity etc. in the afternoon.  We color, paint, play bingo, play the wii, play games, and with balls, and do therapeutic stuff.

It is fun and I always come home with great stories.

Derek works as a Physical Therapy Aide at the Memorial Clinic in Salt Lake.  And he started working at the Death Star (aka the Intermountain Medical Center aka the HUGE new hospital IHC just built).

My job is fun.  I help schedule patients and make them laugh as the therapist causes them severe pain.  I help patients with their exercises and help them have the correct form.  I pump them up to do their home exercises and comment on how much stronger they are getting throughout their therapy.  Then....I never see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment