stands for
Running Amok Going Nowhere and Running.
Did I mention you do this for 198 miles with no sleep?
It was a good time. I got to be in Van 1 this year which was a pleasant treat compared to Van 2 last year. Sure Van 1 runs more miles but Van 2 gets hardly any sleep. I'd say we got at least 4 hours. 4 solid hours. (Much thanks to Nephi getting a warehouse for us to sleep in and Jeff's uncle having a cabin in Heber for once we were done)
Unfortunately, only I got to run. Derek had school all day Friday. So I ran with my dad, sister, and a bunch of people in our neighborhood.
Our team name was 'Chillin with the Villains' We all dressed up as villains. I was Poison Ivy, dad was Joker, Lisa was Cat Woman.
I was runner 3. We had a late start (10:15) and it was hot. Wow. I was running into people's yards to get some water from their sprinklers sprayed on me. I ran 20 of the 198 miles. It was awesome because my body did not hurt at all. No knee pain. Hooray. I also ran fast (as far as I am concerned. 7.9 min mile for my fist leg and a 7:45 min mile for my 2nd leg. Didn't time my 3rd leg but it was 7.7 miles nearly all uphill so not necessary to time of course).
Derek came up Friday night and spent the rest of the time with us and even filled in for my dad's last leg.
Photos to come soon. (They are on dad's android).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment